Education-online Starts Here
ABOUT COURSE ENROLLMENT
Welcome to Education-online at the Marine Electrical School with details of course modules and enrollment procedures. If you are looking for a career change on anything form a pleasure boat, in a boatyard, or in a shipyard, sailing on a superyacht, or off deepsea shipping on cruise ships to oil tankers and many oil-rig-jobs then preparing here with online-learning
ABOUT COURSE ACCREDITATION and QUALIFICATIONS
1. Accreditation It may come as a surprise that there are no accreditation bodies to formally accredit marine electrical courses anywhere in the world. The Marine Electrical School is currently realigning courses to meet the requirements of one leading boating industry training organization to achieve accreditation.
2. Formal CoursesThere are no formal Marine Electrical and Electronics Courses available any where in the world, except at the Marine Electrical School. Education-online starts here at the Marine Electrical School
3. QualificationsThere are no formal requirements for performing DC electrical work on boats anywhere in the world. Some organisations such as NMEA and ABYC have accreditation based on the demonstration and understanding of their respective recommendations.
Some equipment manufacturers such as Simrad and Raymarine also offer various certification schemes for their specific equipment. You should check the specific legal and insurance requirements in your own location with respect to liability matters. Education-online starts here at the Marine Electrical School COURSE AIMS
The purpose of these courses is to provide a broad background knowledge for those planning a career or business with marine electrical and electronics in the pleasure boating and commercial marine industry. It is also for those wanting to expand the range of skills and knowledge. Education-online starts here at the Marine Electrical School
If you are planning to go into the pleasure boating business, any success in the marine industry will result from carrying out work for clients to a high standard and building a reputation for reliability and competence.
AC Electrical Systems Note It should be noted that local and national laws may prevent the carrying out of AC electrical work unless suitably AC qualified to national standards, and you should check the specific legal and insurance requirements in your own location. This course does not qualify you to carry out AC work but it may help.
The principal aim of the course is to develop basic core competencies in all areas of boating electrical and electronics. This requires a multi-disciplined approach with the development of knowledge in marine engineering, basic navigation and seamanship to maintain both context and relevance.
Certificate in Basic Marine Electrical and Electronics
Module 101 - Batteries and Charging Systems
Module 102 - Boat Wiring Systems
Module 103 - Engines, Electrical and Control Systems
Module 104 - Corrosion and Lightning Protection
Module 105 - DC Equipment and Lighting Systems
Module 106 - Marine Electronics
Module 107 - Communications and GMDSS
Module 108 - Water, Sewage and Pumping Systems
Module 109 - Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Systems
Module 110 - Generators, Inverters and AC Power Systems
COURSE COMPLETION AND CERTIFICATES
A completion Certificate will be awarded to all persons completing subject course modules. Get your certificate by enrolling as education-online starts here at the Marine Electrical School
Certificate in Basic Marine Electrical and Electronics
The Certificate will be awarded on completion of Modules 101 to 110. 70% pass is awarded a Pass Grade; 80% pass is a Credit Grade, and 90% pass for a Distinction Grade.
COURSE TEXTS AND MATERIALS
The standard text book and references used for the course is the Marine Electrical and Electronics Bible by John C Payne and this is available through Amazon.com. This is supplemented by Electrical School Course Notes contained within the e-learning web site. This website will also include relevant learning materials.
Quizzes and Tests Each module will consist of several subject specific quizzes at the end of each lesson and some assignments, along with an end of module examination. All quizzes are completed online, individually graded and assessed with feedback. All assignments are submitted separately, individually assessed and graded with feedback.
Course Time Limitations Many students are busy with juggling the demands of career and family commitments. The Marine Electrical School recognizes this restraint and is completely flexible. There is no time limit to start or complete the course and students may work to suit there own circumstances.
Coursework Requirements A module requires approximately a month to complete, subject to time available.
HOW TO ENROLL ON YOUR COURSE
1. Complete the Enrollment Form Below Privacy Statement: We respect your privacy. The information given is intended only for enrollment purposes and will not be disclosed to any Third Party
2. Please Make Your Module Payment using PayPal.
Each Course Module Costs just �50 (that is approximately USD$65 or GBP�34 or AUD$84 or CAD$77 or NZD$95 at current exchange rates) You will be billed in Euros.
You may pay for each subject as required. Persons completing 9 modules will receive the 10th Module Free.
3. After enrollment and payment you will receive your course details and a Student Number. All Marine Electrical School Course Module Lesson Units will be run through the online Blackboard e-Learning System. Log on to www.blackboard.com. Create your own personal Blackboard account for use with all course lesson units.
Enter the following details when using PayPal
Recipients Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amount: (Enter Euro Amount Only = 50 per module)
Note: Please Enter the Module Number and Course Name
On completion of Enrollment Form AND sending payment, please send a confirmation email to John Payne at email@example.com. You will usually receive a formal response within 24 hours with details of your course student information and e-learning site passwords.
Copyright � 2000-2007 John C. Payne. All rights reserved.
Get Your Education Here Education Made Easy
Distance Learning Online DegreesEducation-online Starts Here
Check out all accredited distance learning degree programs in accredited distance learning university and colleges before choosing an Associate, Bachelor, Master and Doctorate (Phd) program.